Monday, November 2, 2009

Ready to Go Home!!!

It's always about this time of the year that I start getting really ready to go home!!! Christmas tickets are bought so early and I kind of forget about it for a little while! Then I make it all the way through October and all the sudden November is here. Wow, it's November 2 today! Crazy. Then I start thinking about Thanksgiving and needing to find something to do for that long weekend and then suddenly I realize that after Thanksgiving there is like two more weeks left of school before I will be leaving to come home for Christmas break!!! When it's so close, it makes it hard to wait!!! I just saw all these really cute pictures of my niece and nephews dressed up for Halloween and it made me really miss being home. They are getting so big and sometimes I feel like I am missing so much of the day to day things. I came across this picture from the summer and it reminded me of how much I love each one of these little lives. They are so precious to me. I can't even imagine what it must feel like to know that this life is actually a part of you. I can't wait to go home and spend every minute spoiling them and loving on them. And of course to see my parents and my sisters and brother in law too! :)


As I was looking at this picture, it reminded me of a conversation I had with Sam this summer in the car.
Me: "Sam, I don't want you to grow up. I just want you to stay small forever and be my little Sam."
Sam: WHY?
Me: Because when you get big, then when I come home you won't want to do things with your Aunt Kammie and you will just want to hang out with your friends and not spend time with me when I'm home in the summer and for Christmas.
Sam: (Crazy laugh) No I won't Aunt Kammie. I will always invite you to my birthday party.

Awwww, the innocence of a young child. I hope he always wants to hang out with his crazy Aunt Kammie! :) I am so ready to be home and to see all of them and give them all a giant hug!!

No comments: