Monday, November 2, 2009

Work Group

Last Sunday, I went to Antigua to work with a group from Blue Springs, Missouri that was here. I met Emily last year when she and her husband were here adopting their son. I knew them through a few different connections and met up with them to have dinner one night. I found out that Emily was bringing a group from her church to come down here for a missions trip. Then I found out that an old old lifelong friend and her mom were also on the trip. I have known Lisa and Amie for pretty much my entire life! Amie is a year younger than me but our parents even go way back. I grew up with them. I hadn't seen either of them in several years but it was really fun to reconnect and see them in Guatemala!!! I met their group on Sunday morning and helped them out with construction at a small school outside of Antigua called Kairos. We mixed and carried buckets of cement for the good part of the day. It was hard work but it's always nice being able to serve with one another side by side. It was a hard day but as always good fun was had as well!




1 comment:

Armstrong's said...

Hey Kammie! It was great to hang out in Guatemala. Sorry you had to work on Friday :(! We all made it home safely and you will be here for the holidays before you know it! Have a great week,
Emily